Are your kitchen sink and disposal really clean? You’d imagine, with the amount of water and soap that runs down through both, they should be pretty clean. But the sink is a great place for bacteria such as E. coli to live and grow since it’s wet and moist – you need to sanitize! We have prepared a simple green DIY solution for you to keep your sink and disposal clean and safe.
Cleaning Your Sink
- Wet and rinse your sink.
- Combine equal parts(4 tbsp of each) baking soda, distilled white vinegar, water and dish washing liquid in a bowl. Work into a paste and rub all over the sink with a soft sponge.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and rinse with warm water. Viola! Your sink should now be fresh and clean.
*for more pathogen killing power, use a green all-purpose cleaner(we use this too).
Cleaning Your Disposal
- Start by boiling a kettle of hot water. While the water’s boiling, sprinkle half a cup of baking soda down the disposal then add 1 cup of white vinegar. Watch the mixture fizz up.
- When the water’s ready, pour the boiling water into the disposal.
- Grab half a lemon and cup of ice cubes. Throw both into the disposal.
- Run cold water and turn on the disposal until all the ice and lemon peel is gone.
Get rid of germs and bacteria in your kitchen today! Book our deep cleaning with quality products for your home.
For maximum results, choose to add regular carpet cleaning for healthy indoor air all year round.